In a world of non-monolithic applications, the building blocks for cloud-native applications are one of the key elements of achieving agility, simplicity and fast time-to-value.
Stratoscale Chorus is a cloud services suite for development teams, delivering high impact cloud services within the on-premises environment. Empowering developers with turnkey, fully-managed and highly scalable building blocks, Stratoscale Chorus unifies the on-prem and public cloud environments and offers a truly flexible environment for running and scaling cloud-native applications. Take a close look at some of the main benefits and features of Stratoscale Chorus:
Chorus Cloud Services
- Kubernetes as a Service
- Load Balancer as a Service (ELB-Compatible)
- Object Storage Service (S3-compatible)
- File System Service (EFS-Compatible)
- SQL Database Service (RDS-compatible)
MySQL and PostgreSQL
- NoSQL Database Services
- Big Data Services (EMR-compatible)
Hadoop, Spark and HBase
- Machine Learning Services (Available in 2018)
Chorus DevCore services
Kubernetes as a Service
Easily Launch, Monitor and Scale Kubernetes Clusters to Support a Containers-Driven Strategy.
Chorus offers a highly scalable Kubernetes as a service to allow developers to run container-based applications and scale as needed. Developers and admins can now easily create Kubernetes clusters via an intuitive GUI or APIs, and Chorus eliminates all other manual management, monitoring and scaling tasks.
- Support On-Prem Containerized Workloads – Extend containers-driven strategies to on-prem environments, including edge sites
- Launch and Manage Clusters at Scale – Chorus manages all operational aspects of Kubernetes clusters: spawn, monitor, upgrades and scalability
- Optimal Performance For Each Specific Workload – Chorus offers developers the flexibility in choosing the relevant EC2-compatible instances and storage to ensure optimal performance and high availability
- Zero Learning Curve – Leverage Kubernetes GUI and maintain existing practices
- Simple Creation, Ongoing Monitoring & Maintenance – Launch and scale clusters via intuitive GUI or API. Easily monitor cluster health and usage and adjust existing clusters to accommodate demand.
- Highly Available – Chorus keeps clusters up and running according to defined sizing, even during node failure or maintenance.
- Multi-Tenancy – Kubernetes is transformed to offer a true multi-tenant service.
- Managed Upgrades – Chorus manages Kubernetes upgrades automation.
- Native Kubernetes – Users can deploy services and applications and use KubeCtl CLI or Kube API to connect clusters to automated procedures such as Jenkins flows.
- Network Made Easy – Chorus provides turnkey network access to cluster endpoints using standard VPC capabilities.
Load Balancer as a Service
Easily Spin Up and Scale Load Balancing for Automatic Distribution of On-Prem Application Traffic.
Chorus’ Load Balancer as a Service offers the ability to spin up, customize and scale load balancers to support fault tolerance and ensure high availability and application scalability over time. To simplify operations even further, Chorus’ Load Balancer Service supports AWS ELB APIs. Chorus’ Load Balancer Service routes traffic according to application or network considerations and provides the required amount of load balancing capacity needed and distributes it to meet high availability and network performance requirements. Among many popular use cases, Chorus’ Load Balancer Service offers significant value in ensuring web services scalability, and can also be used in conjunction to Kubernetes, providing single-click scalability for containers orchestration.
- Simplify Load Balancing for Applications – Create highly-available and scalable applications in minutes and improve application reliability
- On-prem Load Balancer – Leverage an on-prem load balancer service for traffic inside your private virtual network
- Build Highly Scalable and Reliable Applications – Chorus’ load balancer service offers an essential building block for improving application uptime and scalability by monitoring load and availability of application instances, offering real-time add/remove of instances, and distributing traffic accordingly
- Secure – Offers resilient networking and security capabilities
- On-demand Provisioning – Eliminates the need to configure or manage the load balancer to ensure a simple and effective experience as well as fast time-to-market.
- Trusted Open Source Technology – Chorus’ Load Balancer as a Service is built on top of the widely used HAProxy technology.
- Wide Range of Protocols – Supports TCP/UDP-based protocols as well as HTTP and HTTPS.
- AWS ELB-compatible APIs – Offer standard AWS APIs for application integration.
- Automatic Health Monitoring – Automatic monitoring to detect unhealthy instances; once Chorus detects failure, unhealthy instances are taken out of rotation, and will be reactivated when possible.
- Secure – Create an internal load balancer to route traffic using private IP addresses within your virtual network or implement a multi-tiered architecture using internal and internet-facing load balancers; application infrastructure can use private IP addresses and security groups, allowing you to expose only the internet-facing tier with public IP addresses.
- Highly Available Applications – Chorus’ Load Balancer as a Service offers instant value for on-prem applications by automatically balancing traffic across instances and networks. Chorus automatically monitors instances health to ensure traffic is only routed health instances and is continuously balanced.
- Load Balance Kubernetes – Container orchestration is a critical element in building and running containerized applications. Chorus’ Load Balancer as a Service can be leveraged conjunction to Chorus’ Managed Kubernetes, providing single-click scalability and high availability for containers orchestration.
- Scalable Web Services – Chorus’ Load Balancer as a Service offer instantaneous value for web services by ensuring scalability to answer customers demand. Creating and adding load balancer instances is a fast and simple activity, which can be initiated directly by users via an intuitive self-service GUI or by leveraging AWS ELB-compatible APIs.
Object Storage Service
Provide Modern Application with Object Storage On-Prem.
Provides applications with persistent scalable object storage. Chorus allows applications to persist data on any storage architecture. Creating and expanding object storage in a single click offers agility and scalability. Object Storage Service is integrated with other Chorus services to simplify application deployment.
- Agility & Scalability – Create and expand object storage in a single click
- Cost Effective – Leverage commodity on-prem infrastructure to reduce costs
- Data Persistence – Allows applications to persist data on built in storage
- Integrated – Object Storage Service is integrated with other Chorus services to simplify deployment and scaling
- Easy to Use – Intuitive management console abstracts buckets and objects as standard folders and files.
- Data Resiliency – Admins maintain full control over objects’ mirror count (2 or 3) to allow for regular and gold resiliency.
- Quota Services – Admins can allocate storage capacity to tenants, monitor consumption and adjust quota as demand changes.
- AWS S3-compatible APIs – Offer standard AWS APIs for application integration.
File System Service
Support Existing Applications with Cloud-Grade and Scalable File Sharing Service.
Modernizing legacy applications and applying cloud benefits across all workloads is a complicated, resource-intensive and time consuming task. Chorus’ File System Service supports applications without any need for adjustments or application re-write. It provides an easy-to-use, highly available and scalable file sharing solution for use with Chorus’ compute, supporting AWS EFS-compatible APIs, enabling multiple instances to access the file system instantaneously and providing a common data source for various workloads. Designed to offer simple creation and minimal configuration, Chorus’ File System Service leverages built-in storage or external storage appliances which are fully abstracted to ensure elasticity and cost effectiveness.
Chorus’ File System Service provides a standard network file system interface and file system access semantics to support existing workloads.
- Modernizing File Systems Consumption – Transform file sharing into a self-service on-demand consumption model
- Automatic Scalability – Chorus automatically scales file system storage capacity without disrupting applications
- Consistent Performance – Provides the throughput and IOPS needed for a broad range of applicaitons
- Multi-tenancy – File systems are transformed to offer a true multi-tenant service
- Share File Storage Access Across Instances – Multiple compute instances can access the file system, so applications that scale beyond a single instance can access a file system without the need to maintain multiple copies.
- Elastic Scaling – Storage capacity, which spans across all storage resources, can automatically expand or shrink according to demand with no additional provisioning.
- AWS EFS-compatible APIs – Offer standard AWS APIs for application integration.
- Highly Available and Durable – Each file system object data and metadata (i.e. directory, file, and link) is redundantly replicated to prevent data loss.
- Automated Upgrades – Upgrades are performed on a scheduled maintenance timeframe, as determined by users and accommodate specific requirements.
- Built-in Scalability and Performance – Chorus’ File System service offers integrated performance, enabling many clients and workloads to request data concurrently, supporting a wide array of file sharing use cases.
Chorus Database services
Easily Run, Provision and Scale SQL and NoSQL Databases On-Prem.
Managing databases involves not just deployment, but also complex operational aspects such as storage, backup, failure detection, disaster recovery and upgrades. Chorus makes it easier to set up, operate, and scale databases by offering a fully managed database as a service that removes operational friction of deploying databases and managing common database administrative tasks throughout their lifecycle. Chorus’ highly scalable, open and secure database as a service offers support for databases users are looking for along with the cloud-based consumption model they demand.
- Reduce Time to Market – Empower developers with self-service database provisioning and management
- Increases IT Productivity – Manage databases, including scaling and upgrading, in a consistent way, avoiding proliferation of versions and configurations
- Performance Consistency and Scalability – Designed to deliver consistent performance across all clusters, while supporting applications scalability requirements within the on-prem environment or expanding to the cloud
- Maximizes Resource Utilization – Spin up or down databases quickly to facilitate peak production loads or Dev/Test needs
- Self-Service Databases – Add database as a service in less than one hour with no configuration hassles or custom coding required.
- Automated Backup and Restore Replicas – Allow users to choose backup target, frequency and number of retained snapshots; users can easily restore from backup to timestamp.
- Persistent Storage – Selection of database storage options based on local disk pools or external storage devices.
- AWS RDS-compatible APIs – Offer standard AWS APIs for application integration.
- On-Demand Provisioning – Simple provisioning, monitoring and management of RDS and Cassandra clusters
- Automated Upgrades – Upgrades are performed on a scheduled maintenance timeframe, as determined by users and accommodate specific requirements.
- Scalable Infrastructure – Resize infrastructure and storage based on evolving demand.
- MySQL 5.5, 5.6, 5.7
- PostgreSQL 9.6
- MariaDB 10.1
- Apache Cassandra 3.0, 3.11
Chorus Analytics services
Run and Scale Hadoop, Spark and HBase On-Prem to Easily and Effectively Process Big Datasets.
Chorus offers managed Hadoop, Spark and HBase services that ensure simple and timely solutions for on-prem big data initiatives , eliminating the need to migrate vast amounts of data to the cloud. Chorus’ Big Data Services, compatible with AWS EMR (including APIs), integrates with Symphony’s storage, compute, and monitoring services to offer cluster provisioning and monitoring across on-prem EC2-compatible instances and cost effectively scale workloads. By leveraging existing on-prem resources, enterprises can protect their data assets and deliver an easy-to-use multi-tenant and secure solution, that is easy to deploy and manage over time.
- Reduce Time to Market – Empower developers with self-service Hadoop deployment, including provisioning, cluster setup and configuration
- Run Analysis as Close as Possible to Data – Eliminate the need to migrated data to public cloud environments, by effectively leveraging on-prem infrastructure that is fully compatible with AWS services and APIs
- Optimized Costs – By running big data projects on-prem, the cost structure remains predictable and stable. Leveraging commodity built-in storage or external storage appliance offers optimal flexibility for each project with its unique requirements and attributes
- Reliable – Minimize cluster monitoring and management efforts. Chorus monitors cluster activities, failed tasks and performance; unhealthy instances are taken out of rotation, and will be reactivated when possible
- On-demand Cluster Provisioning and Scaling – Automatically create, manage, monitor and scale Hadoop, Spark and HBase clusters.
- Multi-Tenancy – Clusters fully separated to offer a true multi-tenant service.
- AWS EMR-compatible APIs – Offer standard AWS APIs for application integration.
- Highly Available Underlying Storage – Leverage abstracted, persistent block storage and object storage and transparently use storage pools from different backends.
- Optimal Flexibility – Use big data clusters for a wide variety of use cases and applications while ensuring full control of the cluster. Each cluster is customizable for according to requirements.
- Edge Computing – In some use cases, sending data to the cloud for processing has become ineffective, from performance and cost perspectives, and at times no longer possible. Leverage on-prem infrastructure and cloud-grade big data services to support data-heavy cloud-native applications to ensure effective dataset processing.
- Internet of Things – The number of connected devices continues to grow in unprecedented pace and spans across a very wide variety of industries: industrials, medical, automotive, transportation, etc. Chorus’ on-prem Big Data Services support processing of millions of events per second and provide real-time big data analytics without compromising on the simplicity and flexibility of the cloud.
- A True Hybrid Model for Data Analysis – When it comes to data, enterprises encounter various considerations (data gravity, performance, security, networking, etc.) in where to develop and deploy applications. These considerations may change during the application lifecycle, making flexibility a key element for developers and IT organizations. Chorus’ AWS-compatible environment offers enterprise the ability to run cloud-native data analysis projects on-prem, while maintaining full control, visibility and cost efficiency, as well as burst to the cloud when needed without the need to re-write applications or make any adjustments.
- Data Science and Machine Learning – Accelerate intelligence and data-driven business initiatives and provide applications with strong and effective analysis tools. The self-service consumption model and AWS-compatible APIs offer developers a simple single-click access to big data tools and ensure a long-term flexibility in running cloud-native applications on-prem or in the cloud.
Test Drive Stratoscale for Free!
Finally, build, run and scale cloud-native applications on-prem
Sign up for Stratoscale’s fully-featured sandbox environment - No Download Needed!